The 18th arrondissement is notably known for its famous places: the Sacred Heart Basilica, the Butte Montmartre, the Moulin Rouge amongst others. Maybe more than any other arrondissements, it shows an impressive diversity whether you talk about the neighborhood vibes : Grandes-Carrières, Clignancourt, la Goutte-d’Or and Montmartre. The chic coexists with the cheap. The population also is very cosmopolitan population, you really find the whole world concentrated.
Concerning the architecture, it is rather disparate, we do find Haussmannian buildings, especially after the 1860 annexion, on the big avenues or boulevards but a vast part has been left untouched, revealing numerous courtyards and small inner gardens. Threelittle wonders: the Théâtre de l’Atelier, one of the few 19th century Parisian theaters still in operation today, the Art Nouveau metro station of Abbesses, designed by Herve Guimard himself, last but not least, And finally, the most unusual cemetery of the capital! A part of the tombstones of the Montmartre cemetery is hidden under a bridge.
Presentation of the tour : Around Montmartre
But first, let’s have a look at the practical details before we start our tour .
The tour passes through :
It is a hilly route that starts at Anvers metro station and ends up at Blanche metro station
HOW TO GET THERE
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING THE TOUR
Like any of our other strolls, this tour is eco-friendly to preserve the planet as much as your health, it is entirely by foot and is open to all public. During the warmer months, don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and some sunscreen to avoid sunburns.
Our friendly advice: get your portrait drawn at Place du Tertre ,it is one of a kind experience. If you are craving a genuine french food experience, then La Bonne Franquette is where to should go eat before admiring the vineyards or if you are too tired, stroll to the nearby Place de Clichy and enjoy the Art deco architecture or taste the Wepler famous since 1881, for its seafood. This typical brasserie was frequented by many artists, including Picasso.
Stroll duration : 3h