The 12th arrondissement of Paris, located in the southeast on the right bank of the Seine, is characterized by its green spaces, including the Bois de Vincennes and the Promenade Plantée, which are particularly appreciated by the 145,000 inhabitants and visitors.
If you didn’t know about it in the first place you will now. Have you ever heard of the ” High Line Park” in New York City ? But, few people know that Paris is actually home of the first elevated park.
La Coulée Verte- René Dumont , also called La Promenade Plantée, just above the gigantic trade and art gallery ” Le Viaduc des Arts” is a 4,5 kilometers abandoned railway track taking you from Bastille out to the nearby suburb of Vincennes. Opened in 1993, Paris’s linear park served as the inspiration for New York’s High Line, which wasn’t inaugurated until 2009.
Presentation of the tour : Around the Coulée Verte
But first, let’s have a look at the practical details before we start our tour .
The tour passes through :
It is a linear route that starts in front of the Opera Bastille at Bastille metro station and ends up at Bel Air metro station.
Be there 10 minutes before the tour starts
HOW TO GET THERE
For you to get to the departure point, you must take the following public transportations nearby Bastille
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING THE TOUR
Like any of our other strolls, this tour is eco-friendly to preserve the planet as much as your health, it is entirely by foot and is open to all public. During the warmer months, don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and some sunscreen to avoid sunburns.
Our friendly advice: depending on your mood we recommend you three things.
- First, if you want to chill out get your picnic and enjoy le Jardin to Reuilly to rest and taste the first sparkling water fountain or try the Corsican restaurant 38 Allée Vivaldi.
- Secondly if you are in a sporty mood, walk a little bit further to the beautiful Bois de Vincennes, which has lakes and leafy, shaded parkland. There rent a boat and row around the lake.
- And finally if culture is your thing then head to Le Palais de la Porte Doree translates to the Palace of the Golden Gate whose art deco architecture dates back to 1931 with the main purpose of being a museum dedicated to colonial conquest of the territories and its impact on the arts.
Stroll duration : 1h30