This garden was created in 1635 by Guy de la Brosse and Jean Hérourd, personal physicians of King Louis XIII of France. It was intended for the students of medicine and pharmacy of Paris, to allow them to have a place where they could study herbalism.
In the 18th century, Buffon (father of natural sciences) doubled the surface of the garden to introduce even more specimens and to open what is now the museum of natural history.
The French explorers gave the exotic plants they brought back from their travels. One can thus find hundreds of different species of flowers in the Jardin des Plantes.
In 1903, the scientist Becquerel discovered radioactivity in one of the pavilions of the garden.
A comic book, “Le savant fou – the mad scientist” de Tardi, is even invented on the story of a scientist called Adèle Blanc Sec living in the Jardin des Plantes before the First World War.
Presentation of the tracking game : around Jardin des plantes
Some advice to heed
You’ll get through :
Departure point: Jussieu metro station
Arrival point: Place Monge metro station
HOW TO GET THERE
To get to the starting point of the tour, you must take The following transport lines have routes that pass near Jussieu
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU START
First thing first, a little bit of terminology .
Tracking games, treasure hunts, rallies, escape games what is what
- A tracking game is a course full of enigmas you need to solve looking for clues to head to the next step. The final goal is secondary, spending quality time , have fun and learn is the what matters.
- A treasure hunt has the same pattern but the main focus is to find a treasure.
- A rally is all about velocity and getting to the next stage in the shortest period of time
- An escape game is defined by time and space
In our case; you can download the questions and once you complete your deed, send us your results so we can check them on and the give you the right answers.
The plus:You are totally autonomous. Alone, with your loved one, with family or friends, go at your own pace. The important thing is to spend time together
Our friendly advice, a treasure hunt is all about looking for something and then finding it. An outdoor treasure hunt game encourages adults and children to be active and to explore. And don’t forget to have fun!
Duration : 2h