This district is so called because until the 12th century, this part of the region was a vast swampy area, often flooded. At that time, religious institutions settled there, then came the Jewish community and later the Valois kings. Everything changed with King Henri IV who left the Louvre to settle in the Hôtel Saint Paul with his court. He then started to drain the marshes to build sumptuous private mansions. It was Henri IV who had the Place Royale (now Place des Vosges) built, which became the largest square in Paris, where you could find the king’s pavilion and the queen’s pavilion. It straddles the 3rd and 4th arrondissements, right in the center of Paris, hence its name “arrondissement de Paris center”. It is also currently the “gay” district of Paris. The Jewish community is still very present there. It is a varied artistic center, with many small museums, installed in old private mansions, and of course the very modern Georges Pompidou center housing the permanent exhibition of modern art. The nightlife is also very developed.
Presentation of the tracking game : around the Marais
Some advice to heed
You’ll get through :
Departure point: Hotel de ville metro station
Arrival point: Chemin Vert or Saint Paul metro station
HOW TO GET THERE
To get to the starting point of the tour, you must take The following transport lines have routes that pass near le Marais.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU START
First thing first, a little bit of terminology .
Tracking games, treasure hunts, rallies, escape games what is what
- A tracking game is a course full of enigmas you need to solve looking for clues to head to the next step. The final goal is secondary, spending quality time , have fun and learn is the what matters.
- A treasure hunt has the same pattern but the main focus is to find a treasure.
- A rally is all about velocity and getting to the next stage in the shortest period of time
- An escape game is defined by time and space
In our case; you can download the questions and once you complete your deed, send us your results so we can check them on and the give you the right answers.
The plus:You are totally autonomous. Alone, in pairs, with family or friends, go at your own pace. The important thing is to spend time together
Our friendly advice, a treasure hunt is all about looking for something and then finding it. An outdoor treasure hunt game encourages adults and children to be active and to explore. And don’t forget to have fun!
Duration : 2h