From the construction by the good King Dagobert of the small Saint-Martin bridge in the year 629 (on the site of the current the arrival of the new RER Eole station), the 10th arrondissement has not stopped transforming itself over the centuries.
Borough of the four suburbs (Faubourgs du Temple, Saint-Martin, Saint-Denis and Poissonnière) it has often been the scene of great historical shootings.
But the 10th is also the district of theaters and the Grand Boulevards where, at the beginning of the century the French cancan was born. Its two train stations, its four hospitals, its two triumphal arches, its canal, its former convents are today the witnesses of the rich past of the capital.
On December 31, 1859, a law was passed extending the boundaries of Paris and increasing the number of arrondissements to twenty from the previous twelve. The 5th became the 10th arrondissement and took on its current boundaries including a district of the former 3rd arrondissement located between the Faubourg Saint-Denis and the Faubourg Poissonnière.
The 10th arrondissement covers 286 hectares and has a population of 90,000 (the equivalent of a city like Avignon), bears the original and official name of enclos Saint-Laurent. Administratively, it includes four districts (Saint-Vincent de Paul, Porte Saint-Denis, Porte Saint-Martin and Hôpital Saint-Louis), districts with surprisingly varied communities.
Presentation of the tracking game : around the Canal Saint Martin
Some advice to heed
You’ll get through :
Departure point: Strasbourg Saint Denis metro station
Arrival point: Jaures-Stalingrad metro station
HOW TO GET THERE
To get to the starting point of the tour, you must take The following transport lines have routes that pass at Strasbourg Saint Denis
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU START
First thing first, a little bit of terminology .
Tracking games, treasure hunts, rallies, escape games what is what
- A tracking game is a course full of enigmas you need to solve looking for clues to head to the next step. The final goal is secondary, spending quality time , have fun and learn is the what matters.
- A treasure hunt has the same pattern but the main focus is to find a treasure.
- A rally is all about velocity and getting to the next stage in the shortest period of time
- An escape game is defined by time and space
In our case; you can download the questions and once you complete your deed, send us your results so we can check them on and the give you the right answers.
The plus:You are totally autonomous. Alone, with your loved one, with family or friends, go at your own pace. The important thing is to spend time together
Our friendly advice, a treasure hunt is all about looking for something and then finding it. An outdoor treasure hunt game encourages adults and children to be active and to explore. And don’t forget to have fun!
Duration : 2h