My experience about how to create a natural lip balm handmade with rich coconut butter and shea butter to moisturize dry, chapped lips and Vitamin E to help protect against sun damage . Can be deliciously flavored with organic oils for a range of sweet, fruity, and floral flavors. No artificial colorants or preservatives, only natural butters and organic oils.
- 1 Tablespoon Beeswax or Candelilla Wax(Vegan Alternative)
- 1 Tablespoon Shea Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 15-20 drops of Essential Oil
- Lip Balm Container
- Plastic Pipette
- Double Boiler
If you have experience in making your own products, skip this section and get started on making your own lip balms! If not, keep reading for helpful information and tips!
Let’s get started!
First thing is first, have all ingredients out and ready for use! When working with wax and oils, the last thing you want is anything over-boiling or drying on you! For the Double boiler, you will need a saucepan & a small pot.
- Begin by adding water to your saucepan, just enough to heat your small pot. Place small pot inside of saucepan. Turn heat on high temp. After pot is heating, add 1 tbsp. of Beeswax, Shea Butter, and Coconut Oil to your small pot, and stir well until ingredients melt.
- Add 15-20 drops of your essential oil. I used a mixture of Tea Tree for healing, Lavender for soothing, and Rosemary & Jasmine for an additional lovely fragrance. Feel free to play around with your essential oils to create your own signature scent, but be sure to only add 15-20 drops total!
- Here’s the fun part! Adding the ingredients to your tubes! This is where your plastic pipette comes in handy. When you are done filling your tubes, do not put the caps on until it is completely dry so it can dry faster! Congratulations! You’re all done! Enjoy your new homemade Lip Balm!
Please contact me if you have any questions!
Copyright © 2020- Intellectual property of ‘Angénic Agnero- All rights reserved 1997-2020.