Ravintsara essential oil is used to treat rheumatism, fatigue, viral infections and … to flavor rum! How to use, health benefits, simple recipes, precautions … What you need to know about essential oil of ravintsara
Coming from Madagascar, Cinnamomum camphora with cineole (or ravintsara) has a smell close to camphor, while it does not contain any …
Properties of ravintsara essential oil
- Anti-infectious (antibacterial + and antiviral ++++)
- Expectorant ++++
- Circulatory toning +++
- Tonic and oxygenate +++
Warning: Ravintsara essential oil is not recommended for pregnant women (at least during the first trimester of pregnancy) and children under 3 years of age. For this audience, always ask your doctor, pharmacist and aromatherapy specialist for advice. Due to the presence of cineole, this EO is not recommended for people with asthma.
Indications of the essential oil of ravintsara
- Skin application (bath, cold compress, massage): asthenia, bronchitis with fatty cough, cold sores, ENT infections (colds, sinusitis, nasopharyngitis, otitis), viral infection including the flue.
- Respiratory (diffusion, inhalation, olfaction): asthenia, bronchitis with fatty cough, ENT infections (colds, sinusitis, nasopharyngitis, otitis) viral infection including the flu.
- Internal (rectal) : bronchitis
HOW TO USE RAVINTSARA ESSENTIAL OIL
To inhale/To diffuse/Orally/Onto the skin
HEALTH VIRTUES OF RAVINTSARA
It is the most antiviral essential oil there is in the world, ideal in case of an epidemic, and to prevent most winter ailments linked to viruses (flu, colds, gastroenteritis …), even with small children.
And perfect against bacteria and pain, to relax sore muscles, eliminate physical and mental fatigue.
Synergies with ravintsara
- Blend with eucalyptus radiata essential oils against any respiratory infections.
- With softwood essential oils (Scots pine, black spruce) to clean up the atmosphere.
HEALTH RECIPES BASED ON RAVINTSARA ESSENTIAL OILS
– 3 drops of ravintsara essential oil onto the sternum, the wrists , the top of the back and the elbow crook 4 times/day
– orally, 1 drop of ravintsara on a neutral tablet, 6 times/day on day one , then, 4 times/day during 5 days.
- Treat cold sores: 1 drop on the lesion, 6-7 times/day.
- Stimulate immunity : 3 drops on the solar plexus, the wrists, the elbow crook and the soles of your feet, 3 times/day.
- Against gastroenteritis: 1 drop 5-6 times/day. on a neutral tablet, associated (3 times/day) with a drop of tarragon essential oil.
- Calming shingles : 2 drops of ravintsara + 2 drops of tea tree essential oil + 2 drops of lemony eucalyptus onto the lesions 6-7 times/day. until complete healing.
- Sanitize a patient’s room: 10 drops of ravintsara + 5 drops of siberian pines oils in diffusion for 15 minutes.
- In olfaction, inhalation or diffusion.
- Bronchitis with fat cough, rhinopharyngitis, etc.: dilute in vegetable oil and massage the anterior and posterior thorax as well as the soles of the feet.
- Flu: dilute in vegetable oil and massage the spine and the arch of the foot.
- Ear infections: a drop behind the ear and then massage.
- Sinusitis : dilute with vegetable oil and massage into the sinuses. Be careful not to put EO too close to the eyes. In that case please rinse throughly with clear water.
PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN WITH RAVINTSARA ESSENTIAL OIL
With children, the essential oil must be diluted to 50% in a vegetable oil. Prohibited during the first 3 months of pregnancy and breastfeeding..
In case of an influenza epidemic and other winter viruses, think of this essential oil with remarkable antiviral properties. Diffuse it in the rooms of the house three times 30min a day to clean up the atmosphere. This simple gesture thus reduces the risk of contamination and strengthen the immunity of those presents.
Alexia Blondel, essential oil specialist ( )
Please note, this information does not constitute medical advice. They are given for information. For any use for therapeutic purposes, consult a doctor
Sandrine Marianiu e-book author of “My little workshop of essential oils – season by season”.
Copyright © 2020- Intellectual property of Angénic Agnero- All Rights Reserved 1997-2020.