The 11th district, located on the right bank of the Seine, and whose prefectural name is ” arrondissement de Popincourt” , is composed of 4 lively and popular districts: Folie-Méricourt, Roquette , Sainte-Marguerite, Saint-Ambroise. Bounded by the boulevards of Belleville, Ménilmontant and Charonne as well as by the streets of Faubourg-Saint-Antoine and Faubourg-du-Temple. Before the 1860 annexion, Parisians used to come to to dance and have fun in one of the many “guinguettes” of the district. During the following centuries, the inhabitants of the suburbs distinguished themselves by their revolutionary actions, as shown by the names of the squares bordering the district: Bastille, Republic and Nation.After the war, Bastille comes back to life little by little and becomes the district of all the demonstrations, the one where we like to celebrate the events of national scale. The real turning point in the history of the district occurs however later, in the years 1980 with the arrival of François Mitterrand to the power. The new president brings indeed a renewal by making Bastille a cosmopolitan and festive district, renewal marked by the opening of the Opera Bastille.
Presentation of the tracking game : around Bastille
Some advice to heed
You’ll get through :
Departure point: Bastille metro station
Arrival point: Voltaire metro station
HOW TO GET THERE
To get to the starting point, you must take The following transport lines have routes that pass near Bastille
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU START
First thing first, a little bit of terminology .
Tracking games, treasure hunts, rallies, escape games what is what
- A tracking game is a course full of enigmas you need to solve looking for clues to head to the next step. The final goal is secondary, spending quality time , have fun and learn is the what matters.
- A treasure hunt has the same pattern but the main focus is to find a treasure.
- A rally is all about velocity and getting to the next stage in the shortest period of time
- An escape game is defined by time and space
In our case; you can download the questions and once you complete your deed, send us your results so we can check them on and the give you the right answers.
The plus:You are totally autonomous. Alone, with your loved one, with family or friends, go at your own pace. The important thing is to spend time together
Our friendly advice, a treasure hunt is all about looking for something and then finding it. An outdoor treasure hunt game encourages adults and children to be active and to explore. And don’t forget to have fun!
Duration : 2h