The district of Belleville was for a long time an agricultural area, it is only in 1728 that one gives the authorization to build more urban dwellings there. The population was eager to do so because this new Parisian district could keep its rural advantages (i.e. less taxes to pay). At the time of the French revolution, Belleville had a good thousand inhabitants, all of them having professions in the agricultural field (market gardeners, coopers, wine growers…)
After the Revolution, which brought great changes in the agricultural world in France, many parisians and people nearby came to settle in this new district of Paris. This rural exodus led to the constitution of a suburb with turbulent political tendencies. It was annexed by Paris in 1860.
At the dawn of the 20th century, new immigrants from very different backgrounds came to settle: Portuguese, Greeks, Armenians, French, Spanish, German and French.
Greeks, Armenians, Maghrebians, Africans, Jews… all came to escape their countries. Belleville thus quickly became quickly became a land of asylum.
Presentation of the tracking game : around Belleville
Some advice to heed
You’ll get through :
Departure point: Belleville metro station
Arrival point: Père Lachaise metro station
HOW TO GET THERE
To get to the starting point of the tour, you must take The following transport lines have routes that pass near Belleville.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU START
First thing first, a little bit of terminology .
Tracking games, treasure hunts, rallies, escape games what is what
- A tracking game is a course full of enigmas you need to solve looking for clues to head to the next step. The final goal is secondary, spending quality time , have fun and learn is the what matters.
- A treasure hunt has the same pattern but the main focus is to find a treasure.
- A rally is all about velocity and getting to the next stage in the shortest period of time
- An escape game is defined by time and space
In our case; you can download the questions and once you complete your deed, send us your results so we can check them on and the give you the right answers.
The plus:You are totally autonomous. Alone, with your loved one, with family or friends, go at your own pace. The important thing is to spend time together
Our friendly advice, a treasure hunt is all about looking for something and then finding it. An outdoor treasure hunt game encourages adults and children to be active and to explore. And don’t forget to have fun!
Duration : 2h