This district of Paris got its name in the 18th century. At that time, students liked to come and recite poems at the foot of an artificial mound made of rubble stones from the catacombs (network of galleries running through the underground of the district). Ironically, they decided to name this hillock “Mount Parnassus”, after the one celebrated by the Greek Muses.
At the beginning of the 20th century, in the period between the two world wars, many artists and politicians from all over the world came to take refuge here: Hemingway, Picasso, Chagall, Apollinaire. It is at this time that Montparnasse will know its bohemian period. It was here that Lenin prepared the “great night” and that Trotsky made plans to stop Stalin and his revolution. All this contributed to make Paris a real intellectual capital.
During the twenties, many Americans fleeing prohibition and racism came to settle in Montparnasse until the end of World War II. At the beginning of the 20th century, many people from french Brittany: the Bretons who had been driven out of their region by industrialization arrive by train at the Montparnasse train station (which deserts the West of France), and settle directly around it!
In the 60’s and 70’s, the district was deeply modified: a new train station and the famous
Montparnasse tower. It is the definitive end of the Montparnasse of the bohemian era.
Presentation of the tracking game : around Montparnasse
Some advice to heed
You’ll get through :
Departure point: Saint Placide metro station
Arrival point: Pernety metro station
HOW TO GET THERE
To get to the starting point of the tour, you must take The following transport lines have routes that pass near Notre Dame
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU START
First thing first, a little bit of terminology .
Tracking games, treasure hunts, rallies, escape games what is what
- A tracking game is a course full of enigmas you need to solve looking for clues to head to the next step. The final goal is secondary, spending quality time , have fun and learn is the what matters.
- A treasure hunt has the same pattern but the main focus is to find a treasure.
- A rally is all about velocity and getting to the next stage in the shortest period of time
- An escape game is defined by time and space
In our case; you can download the questions and once you complete your deed, send us your results so we can check them on and the give you the right answers.
The plus:You are totally autonomous. Alone, with your loved one, with family or friends, go at your own pace. The important thing is to spend time together
Our friendly advice, a treasure hunt is all about looking for something and then finding it. An outdoor treasure hunt game encourages adults and children to be active and to explore. And don’t forget to have fun!
Duration : 2h